The shrine was built in 1955 and people travel great distances from around the UK and abroad to visit the shrine and pray.
The house known as 'Whitefriars' is the oldest building on site. This building is now home of the Carmelites who care for the Parish and the Shrine. It is a fine Georgian house built around 1740, next door is a steep slope that drops the level of Tanners Street down to the banks of the West Brook. Here is the Welcome Centre; Shrine Information Centre and Shrine Office, and a garden which includes the Rosary Way and the car park.
The National Shrine of Saint Jude continues to distribute a newsletter three or four times a year to friends of the Carmelite Family in Britain and abroad. If anyone would like to receive a copy of the newsletter, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Shrine is open every day and we welcome all people. Though rooted in the Roman Catholic tradition, we welcome pilgrims of different Christian denominations and other faiths.
More information can be found on our website: www.stjudeshrine.org.uk